@Unchainfund passed the test as a trustworthy charity project.
Vidma checks out Ukrainian Relief Donation Platforms to separate the credible from the scams.
With a growing number of donations to Ukrainian relief funds, the Vidma security team did a deep dive into some of the main crypto charity platforms supporting those adversely impacted by the recent invasion.
@Unchainfund is a charity project created by blockchain activists to support people in Ukraine during these crisis times. The funds raised by supporters are distributed for humanitarian needs.
The platform offers a couple of wallets on different chains to where users can donate. (Binance, Polygon, Ethereum, NEAR, Harmony, Avalanche, Polkadot, Celo).
Here are key takeaways of the research made by our security experts:
- They fundraise ONLY for humanitarian aid, which includes helping evacuate people, funding gas and food expenses, providing medical support, and similar cases. They are not raising funds for weapons.
- All networks have a multisig wallet for sharing and holding funds.
- All multisig signers have info about unchain.fund on their official Twitter accounts.
Info about all signers in multisig wallets (on all chains): Illia Polosukhin (Co-founder NEAR Protocol), Scott Moore (Co-founder Gitcoin), pet3rpan (Community Investing 1kxnetwork), CJ Hetherington, and Rev Miller (Co-founders Atlantis World), Andriy Velykyy (Co-founder Allbridge.io), Oleg Kurchenko (Founder Binaryx), Alexey Bobok and Iryna Lorens (Co-founders at MoneyWeld) and Nick Vasilich (Europe and Asia — Harmony Protocol).
- All funds raised are still stored on all wallets (all of the chains). There are no transfers of any funds from the multisig wallets, except for the following one: 50,000 BUSD ($50 000)- https://bscscan.com/tx/0x57ee64d910ad1a58c6b80f1fe943d0330c71fda18d86a17b7a5faa432b7bc0ea
This transfer is from BSC multisig (0x67ef9A8D7f4ed931ac63e873b75d8F8dea64Cdb2) to another multisig (0xb9D2C43AFFfeC25F565CF75A7958203C5151Fb31) with same owners as in the main one. In their official discord channel, there is info about sending this amount “Distribution: Direct Aid. Use: Helicopter Medivac Gas Costs.”
Info about NGO they are going to send funds to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sh7BDxzW7GulFsu4pMjO1AlL4azoyGmphaIneaC53zE/htmlview
@Unchainfund mentioned a list of partners on their website and some of them made retweets. Among the companies who publicly told/tweeted about Unchain are the following:
- Near protocol
- Vitalik Buterin (not a partner)
To find out more about Vidma blockchain security services — www.vidma.io